It feels like a Monday, right?! I hope you guys had a great long weekend and yay for a short week! I know that some of you live in climates that are real hot right now. And trust me, I feel you. San Diego broke heat records over the weekend- I’ve never seen it hit 100 degrees at the beach in all of the years I’ve lived here. It’s not looking like it’s going to cool down anytime soon so this post is for all the ladies that want to FEEL the feels of chillier temps even when it’s hot as hell out. Today I’m going to give you a few tips to incorporate some Fall fashion into your life even if it’s not a crisp 60 degrees where you live!
- My first tip is to use COLOR to your advantage. Even if it’s 90 degrees out, you can still wear Seasonally appropriate colors. I love and have shared this knotted t-shirt several times before and it’s a perfect basic in a Fall (ish) color. I gravitate toward light weight fabrics that I can layer like comfy tanks, cotton tee’s and silk camisoles but just do them in hue’s that make me feel like grabbing a pumpkin spice latte. Linking the Fall/Winter Pantone 2020 Fashion Report here if you need some major color inspo!
- Booties are where it’s at. Throw on a cute t-shirt dress with a felt hat and some cognac booties and boom…cute Fall outfit that you’re not going to sweat in! I have and love these which just got restocked! Booties say, “I’m here for the leaves changing but I’m still in my cuttoffs/printed skirt/midi dress” because it’s hot out.
- Make wearing dresses and skirts a thing. I LIVE for a comfy dress. Around the house even more-so! They’re much more comfortable than pants and you can style them in so many different ways. I lived in this leopard skirt last year and just ordered this black dress with the puff sleeve detail. Comfy, cool and lots of air flow.
- Embrace Light Layers– jean jacket, blazers and light weight cardigans are your friends. Pair them with shorts now and jeans when it cools off! You girls KNOW I love this sweater blazer and I’m just swooning over this new color!
- Accessorize for Fall– throw on a felt hat (just ordered this one), some dark nail polish or a burgundy colored lipstick. These are easy ways to dress the part!
Shop The Post