Sunglasses/ Bodysuit (M/L)/ Denim (25)/ Handbag
Happy Friday. CHEERS to the weekend. This week has been LONG. Like REALLY LONG. I literally couldn’t even get on stories yesterday because I didn’t want to come on and complain. I’m trying to have a more positive mind set but yesterday was a long ass day! I remember working in corporate America…having tough days was normal. It came with the territory. But somehow saying you’ve had a bad day as a stay at home full time parent with a part time work from home job doesn’t seem “worthy” of complaints. But in all honesty, there are some days as a stay at home parent that are leaps and bounds more challenging than any job I’ve ever held! It is challenging in such a different and emotional way. There are no breaks (especially if your sweet toddler has taken a leap out of his crib and refuses to nap). Things like unloading the bottom section of the dishwasher while the kids eat a snack feels like a huge victory and a break. It’s truly wild at times!
Not to mention, I am a creature of habit. So like clockwork, every day when Griffin naps, I work. Or work out. Or eat. That didn’t happen all week. So I set my alarm for 5AM every day this week to compensate for the lost time. And he was up at 4:45 most days this week. Some days he would go back to bed, and some he wouldn’t. It was challenging! And yet, something really simple like a sweet hug from him can make all the frustration evaporate in an instant. Parenting is truly a roller coaster of emotions, lol. What do you have planned this weekend? We have a babysitter and a date night on the books and I’m getting in a Soul Cycle class which ALWAYS helps me mentally! Here are the things I’m reading, loving, buying and excited about this week:
- I bought a pair of Veja sneakers. Again! This is exactly what I did with my Golden Goose. I bought them, thought they were stiff as hell, returned them, thought about them for months and bought them again. I am trying a different style this time so I’ll report back! I ordered these and these– both in the white with black detail.
- One of the best workout tops got restocked this week. I love the open back and it is the softest material. I also spotted this tank. LOVE.
- Got some questions on my robe from my stories the other day! It is SO FUN, soft and glorious and I love how many patterns and prints they come in!
- I’ve got two jackets on my mind right now and both are so well priced and will transition perfectly to Spring: this one and this one…your thoughts!?
- In case you missed it, my FAVORITE show, Schitt’s Creek is BACK. If you’re behind, start from the beginning (Season 5 is starting now). Work your way past the first 4 episodes and I promise, you’ll love it too! PS- who’s watching the Bachelor?
SHOP THE POST
As always, thank you so much for following along! xx
Ahhh parenting is so hard and SO rewarding. Very well said. Sending you all the best vibes for a relaxing weekend!