Happy Friday. CHEERS to the weekend. This week has been LONG. Like REALLY LONG. I literally couldn’t even get on stories yesterday because I didn’t want to come on and complain. I’m trying to have a more positive mind set but yesterday was a long ass day! I remember working in corporate America…having tough days was normal. It came with the territory. But somehow saying you’ve had a bad day as a stay at home full time parent with a part time work from home job doesn’t seem “worthy” of complaints. But in all honesty, there are some days as a stay at home parent that are leaps and bounds more challenging than any job I’ve ever held! It is challenging in such a different and emotional way. There are no breaks (especially if your sweet toddler has taken a leap out of his crib and refuses to nap). Things like unloading the bottom section of the dishwasher while the kids eat a snack feels like a huge victory and a break. It’s truly wild at times!
Not to mention, I am a creature of habit. So like clockwork, every day when Griffin naps, I work. Or work out. Or eat. That didn’t happen all week. So I set my alarm for 5AM every day this week to compensate for the lost time. And he was up at 4:45 most days this week. Some days he would go back to bed, and some he wouldn’t. It was challenging! And yet, something really simple like a sweet hug from him can make all the frustration evaporate in an instant. Parenting is truly a roller coaster of emotions, lol. What do you have planned this weekend? We have a babysitter and a date night on the books and I’m getting in a Soul Cycle class which ALWAYS helps me mentally! Here are the things I’m reading, loving, buying and excited about this week:
- I bought a pair of Veja sneakers. Again! This is exactly what I did with my Golden Goose. I bought them, thought they were stiff as hell, returned them, thought about them for months and bought them again. I am trying a different style this time so I’ll report back! I ordered these and these– both in the white with black detail.
- One of the best workout tops got restocked this week. I love the open back and it is the softest material. I also spotted this tank. LOVE.
- Got some questions on my robe from my stories the other day! It is SO FUN, soft and glorious and I love how many patterns and prints they come in!
- I’ve got two jackets on my mind right now and both are so well priced and will transition perfectly to Spring: this one and this one…your thoughts!?
- In case you missed it, my FAVORITE show, Schitt’s Creek is BACK. If you’re behind, start from the beginning (Season 5 is starting now). Work your way past the first 4 episodes and I promise, you’ll love it too! PS- who’s watching the Bachelor?
SHOP THE POST
As always, thank you so much for following along! xx