Leggings/ Similar T-Shirt/ Yeti/ Shoes
So I wasn’t sure if I’d EVER try another pair of leggings once I discovered my go-to Lululemon leggings. I’ve praised them here and on Instagram MANY times before but it must be said that if you haven’t tried them, you must. In the past, I had tried other brands (Zella, Old Navy, Adidas and Nike to name a few) and they were never AS good. The fit wasn’t right, the quality was meh or the overall feel just wasn’t what I was looking for. Enter the legging that changed my life. I wear them almost every. single. day. Honestly, it’s like a BIG deal when I’m not wearing them. I refuse to travel in anything else and I’m up to my sixth pair now (ok, wow). What can I say…I’m addicted.
HOWEVER…my curiosity has peaked as of late with the brand, Alo. It’s a brand that I’m fully leaning into right now. I walk by their displays at Nordstrom and need to stop. I feel the fabrics and think their designs are very cool. I had my eye on these leggings for months and finally bought a pair to try out. I’ll be honest, it felt like I was cheating on Lululemon. But what caught my attention about them was the fact that they have a shiny look. Almost a sheen if you will. And at least on the models I’ve seen, they seem VERY flattering on. So I got them and am here to share. The bottom line? They’re both great. And I never thought I’d utter those words about another pair of leggings. So let’s break it down…
Lululumon Align Pant (I get the shorter 25″ length and they hit right at my ankle)
- Feels like you’re wearing NADA. Literally created to feel like you are naked. Sign me up.
- Lightweight, Sweat Wicking.
- The waist does NOT dig in. Not even a little bit.
- Comes in multiple colors and yes, the lighter colors WILL show sweat through them. This doesn’t bother me in the least. I am a girl who just did a 45 spin class. And I am a girl who sweats. A lot. So there is a butt crack sweat line on my grey ones and I couldn’t care less. The black ones do not show this if sweat marks aren’t your jam.
- Quality- Amazing. I’ve had some pairs for 5 years and they’re just starting to pill a tad. The key is to wash on COLD with ONLY other workout clothes of similar material.
- They now make a Super High Rise option and a jogger which I have and love (go one size up in these- I got a 6).
- Price: $98 and well worth it in my opinion.
- Size: I wear a size 4 and got a size 6 during my pregnancies. They are THE IDEAL MATERNITY LEGGING.
ALO Airbrush Legging (I got the shorter 7/8 length and they hit right at my ankle)
- They have a glossy sheen which I love
- Comes in several colors, anti-chafe and sweat wicking
- I can’t test the sweat factor because I only have the black but these do feel heavier than the Lululemon leggings.
- The high waist does not dig in
- They’ve been spotted on celebs like Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner and Olivia Palermo.
- Quality: Amazing from what I can tell…I haven’t had them that long though!
- Price: $78
- Size: I wear a small
The Alo leggings are 1000% keepers. But I will probably wear them for more athleisure or low impact workouts (walking, hiking and BBG AB days) than something high impact like spin. Only because of the fabric being a little heavier than the align pant. It just feels like they would be hotter if that makes sense. It must be said that they are VERY flattering on. I swear they give your butt a lift and they support you in all of the right places. And I love that the Alo look a little dressier with the sheen- they have certainly earned their right to be part of my legging rotation. But true to form, I will continue to reach for my Lulu align pants over and over again for all the things: workouts (all types), travel, and day to day wear around the house! Will you be trying either? If so, I’d love to know and as always, thank you so much for following along! xo
I have the same dilemma. I, too, broke and tried Alo. While they’re cute and super comfy, they did not last. They lost their elasticity within 6 months and began sagging/falling off. My Lululemons last for years and years with little to no sign of wear and tear. In short, I’m still a lulu girl through and through. Plus, for shorties like me (5’2”) lulu is great for free alterations – I had to take my pants to a tailor and pay to hem my Alo.
I couldn’t agree more! A Lulu fan for life over here! xx
I agree with everything you said! Did you know that the lulu pants now come in a shorter length? I believe 23″ and/or 21″! I’m short too and so appreciate this! xx